Sanctified: Set apart to a sacred purpose, free from sin or to purify.
Chosen: Being selected as the BEST OR MOST Appropriate – being the object of divine favor specifically picked for a special purpose.
I want to start out and show you some very special people that I actually chose to be in my life. I am talking about You! You chose me and I chose you. J Of course GOD saw fit to place us at the exact same place and time for as you are reading my simple words that I share with you. However, I really have a grand list of people that “GOD Chose.” Let’s run through them.
- Adam – 1st Man of Many (1 Timothy 2:13) 13 For Adam was first formed,
- Abraham – Father of All Nations (Genesis 12:1-3) 1 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
- Jacob – (Israel) – The Chosen Nation (Genesis 35:10) 10
And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
- Rahab – A Harot – (Joshua 2) 1And Joshua the son of Nun sent out of Shittim two men to spy secretly, saying, Go view the land, even Jericho. And they went, and came into an harlot’s house, named Rahab, and lodged there.2 And it was told the king of Jericho, saying, Behold, there came men in hither to night of the children of Israel to search out the country.3 And the king of Jericho sent unto Rahab, saying, Bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are entered into thine house: for they be come to search out all the country.4 And the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said thus, There came men unto me, but I wist not whence they were:5 And it came to pass about the time of shutting of the gate, when it was dark, that the men went out: whither the men went I wont not: pursue after them quickly; for ye shall overtake them.6 But she had brought them up to the roof of the house, and hid them with the stalks of flax, which she had laid in order upon the roof.7 And the men pursued after them the way to Jordan unto the fords: and as soon as they which pursued after them were gone out, they shut the gate.8 And before they were laid down, she came up unto them upon the roof;9 And she said unto the men, I know that the Lord hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.10 For we have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt; and what ye did unto the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom ye utterly destroyed.11 And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the Lord your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.12 Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the Lord, since I have shewed you kindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father’s house, and give me a true token:13 And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.14 And the men answered her, Our life for yours, if ye utter not this our business. And it shall be, when the Lord hath given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with thee.15 Then she let them down by a cord through the window: for her house was upon the town wall, and she dwelt upon the wall.16 And she said unto them, Get you to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you; and hide yourselves there three days, until the pursuers be returned: and afterward may ye go your way.17 And the men said unto her, We will be blameless of this thine oath which thou hast made us swear.18 Behold, when we come into the land, thou shalt bind this line of scarlet thread in the window which thou didst let us down by: and thou shalt bring thy father, and thy mother, and thy brethren, and all thy father’s household, home unto thee.19 And it shall be, that whosoever shall go out of the doors of thy house into the street, his blood shall be upon his head, and we will be guiltless: and whosoever shall be with thee in the house, his blood shall be on our head, if any hand be upon him.20 And if thou utter this our business, then we will be quit of thine oath which thou hast made us to swear.21 And she said, According unto your words, so be it. And she sent them away, and they departed: and she bound the scarlet line in the window.22 And they went, and came unto the mountain, and abode there three days, until the pursuers were returned: and the pursuers sought them throughout all the way, but found them not.23 So the two men returned, and descended from the mountain, and passed over, and came to Joshua the son of Nun, and told him all things that befell them:24 And they said unto Joshua, Truly the Lord hath delivered into our hands all the land; for even all the inhabitants of the country do faint because of us.
- Mary – the Mother of Jesus (Luke 1:26-38) 26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
- Peter – Preached the 1st Gospel Sermon (Acts 2:14-41) 4 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:21 And it shall cometo pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to siton his throne;31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Now let us go to the Three Chosen of our focus: These are not listed as importance, but explanation and understanding.
- David – A Man after GOD’s Own Heart (Acts 13:22) 22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart.
Here we have Samuel sharing with us that Saul had now lost favor with God and had gone his own way with disobedience and Samuel informs him of God’s displeasure of him due to his wayward behavior of disobedience. Samuel ultimately went through all of Jesse’s sons and the lot landed on David. A New King was chosen and of course Saul was upset and felt humiliated because remember David was a mere sheep herder and not only that Saul knew David because he was friends with Jonathan Saul’s son and David also played the harp for Saul. Can you imagine the anger that is stirred in Saul’s’ heart? It is believed during Saul’s and David’s overlapping kingship David hid in caves for approximately 7-10 years. While he ran and hid from Saul he had an opportunity to do harm to Saul, but causes no harm to Saul but says with regret for just tearing Saul’s garment “the lord that I should do this thing to my master.” Knowing he is the Chosen David remained humble.
We all know David was not a prefect man. Once Saul was dead and David took his rightful place – David began to do things that were displeasing to God. His men were in battle and instead of going with them he stayed back and that got him into trouble. David sinned!!! David knew and acknowledged he was not a perfect man. With all of David’s sins and shortcomings he still found favor with
God because of his repentant heart and his willingness to please God.
Now the next CHOSEN ONE is that of JESUS the CHRIST. David was chosen and Jesus- a descendant of David was on his way –
Matthew 1: The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.2.Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren .3And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;.4And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon; .5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;6And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias; .7And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa; .8And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;9And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;10And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;11And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:12And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;13And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;14And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;15And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;16And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.17So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations. 18Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.19. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privately 20. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to . take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24.Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: . 25And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
Mary and Joseph were the vessels used to ensure that Jesus would grow to show his deity from birth. Jesus like Moses was hunted, and many baby boys lost their lives because of the evil heart of man. Jesus was chosen from the beginning of time to come and saveus from our sins!!! Ephesians 1:4-5 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will. Jesus is The Chosen Ultimate Sacrificial Lamb (Isaiah 53:7) 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.
JESUS WAS CHOSEN FOR YOU My number 3 of the focus:
- YOU were CHOSEN (1 Peter 2:9) 9 But ye are a chosen generation, royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. I’ve made this scripture very personal so here is my girl spin on it. “You are a Chosen Daughter of a long line of Royalty. Girl do you know you are Holy and not like others because your Father told you so. Sing to GOD to your heart’s desire because you are standing in His Bold Light.
Now that you know “You are Chosen” what are you going to do with that Marvelous Power.
Think about it like this:
Do any of you remember kickball?
Usually, there was a teacher that picked the teams or occasionally two students were chose as the captains. Then the Best kicker for kickball Began!!!
If you were a great kicker you were probably the captain or one of the best kickers and you were chosen first and it didn’t hurt the ego. Well you are the Best “kicker” for Jesus. God says you are the BEST’ and “You are a chosen SANCTIFIED daughter of The MOST HIGH. Jesus came to this earth, died by sacrificing his life because You were Chosen. The Chosen One Chose You and wants You to invite someone else to be Chosen. HERE ARE ENCOURAGING WAYS TO DO JUST THAT:
- (GALATIANS 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
- Show Our Families/Neighbors How We Ought To Behave – Even Towards Others That Don’t Practice Such Behavior. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11:1 – Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
- Lastly, MATTHEW 28: 19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
JESUS said to show others the way, he expects us to share the Good News and Bring Lost Sous to Christ. Invite someone to be Chosen.
So (Today) the Challenge is for us to remember you are a Sanctified Chosen Holy Daughter of the Most High GOD.
Be Encouraged, Uplifted and Inspired.